I accompany woman in labor to help ensure safe and satisfying birth experience. I am a certified doula, having completed training approved by DONA International. I provide emotional support, physical support and informational support so that you have the information you need to make informed decisions as they arise in labor. I provide reassurance and perspective for you and your partner, and make suggestions for the labor progress, and help with relaxation, massage, positioning and other techniques for comfort. I also fully support and help guide the partner in his role while respecting his comfort level. I am independent and self-employed. As your doula, I am working for you, not your caregiver or hospital.
Before labor – I will meet with you and your partner at least twice more before labor to get more acquainted. Then we can explore and discuss your priorities and any fears or concerns you have and if it’s your first, what labor may be like, your options and discussing interventions and medical terms if you wish.
After birth- I usually remain with you for one or two hours after birth, or until you are comfortable and your family is ready for quiet time together.
As a doula I do NOT:
1) Perform clinical tasks, such as blood pressure, fetal heart checks, vaginal exams, and others. I am there to provide physical comfort and emotion and informational support.
2) Make decisions for you. I will help you get the information necessary to make an informed decision. I will also remind you if there is a departure from your scheduled birth plan.
3) Speak to the staff on your behalf. I will discuss your concerns with you and suggest options, but you or your partner will need to speak directly to the clinical staff when making a medical decision.
My Package Service includes- Price for package is $500.
- 2 prenatal visits,
- 24/7 support starting at 37 weeks then until you have your baby,
- continuous home and hospital labor support,
- can use my essential oils recipes if needed to help with natural remedies (Doterra),
- Write up a baby story for you from my notes I would take during your labor,
- I can take photos/video of the labor, if desired,
- 2 postnatal visits during your child’s first 6 weeks
*AT THE MOMENT I AM NOT AVAILABLE TO PROVIDE BIRTH DOULA SERVICES AT THE MOMENT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. ALL OTHER SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE INCLUDING BEING YOUR BIRTH DOULA FOR PLANNED C-SECTIONS, CHILDBIRTH WORKSHOPS AND POSTNATAL SUPPORT AT HOME.